List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    KWord - RDF Question
From:       Ganesh Paramasivam <ganesh () crystalfab ! com>
Date:       2010-03-25 9:14:17

Jos,

I have some basic questions about the usage of ODF-Metadata in KWord.
I'm currently implementing change-tracking in textshape and I'm
currently working on loading and saving delete changes in lists. The
problem I'm facing is that, in some of the scenarios it is not
possible to save list delete changes in a ODF complaint format. One
work-around I have been thinking about is the addition of one more
attribute to <text:list> and <text:list-item>. This would solve most
of the problems with accurately capturing/saving and loading of user
intent when deleting lists. But this would make the document non-ODF
complaint. So I was wondering whether I could use RDF for this. More
specifically, my questions are -

- Is this scenario ( addition of an additional attribute to <list> and
<list-item> ) a valid use-case for ODF Metadata ( or am I completely
mistaken about this ).
- Would a odt file generated like this be ODF complaint
- What would happen if the same document is opened in a different
implementation ( like oowriter ).
- Any examples of a similar implementation in the code that I can look
at ( or what should be done in the code to save and load this
additional attribute?)

Thanks,
Ganesh