List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice-ko feature branch
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2010-03-19 7:39:53

On Friday 19 March 2010, Jos van den Oever wrote:
> On Thursday 18 March 2010 12:58:34 Marijn Kruisselbrink wrote:
> > On Thursday 18 March 2010 12:51:27 Jos van den Oever wrote:
> > > I missed the name of the branch, but think it is unfortunate.
> > > koffice-next would be a better name for a staging branch, since the
> > > intention is to move (with review) the new features there once trunk
> > > opens again.
> >
> > Maybe something like koffice-experimental would be a better name,
> > koffice-next gives me the false impression that whatever is in it will be
> > the next koffice, while that is as I understood it not completely true.
>
> Yes, but 'experimental' implies that it is is a sort of playground. How
> about 'koffice-staging'? Or, alternatively, koffice-limbo. The intent of
> the branch is to merge into trunk for the next koffice, 2.3, so
> koffice-next names the intent correctly.
> Anyway, it's boud's call, he's created the branch.

I think I'll keep it this way, the bikeshed is purple with white polka dots by
now. Let's have a New Official Explanation for the name: "I use my employer's
time to keep it maintained, and KO does maintain the branch not just for
themselves, but also as a service to the community." How's that for a
retroactive explanation? Or we can use Cyrille's explanation -- ko is short
for koffice, so koffice-koffice is the branch that contains code that might go
into koffice.