List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: A bug discussion required.
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-02-26 9:49:01

On Friday 26. February 2010 10.26.08 Matus Uzak wrote:
> Right, incorrect logic there, consider fixedType="none".  However the
> patch doesn't fix the bug.
> Like Thomas Zander wrote formatting for the strike-through is applied to
> the image somehow.

Specifically, its applied to the placeholder character in the main text flow.

> But why does it affect the previous paragraph?

It doesn't affect the previous paragraph, if you type one character before the
image you'll see that that the paragraph with the image takes zero space and
so the painting looks like it is on top of the previous paragraph.

> Any ideas what to debug?

I'd suggest ignoring the strange painting and the strange positioning of the
lines. They are odd and maybe worth fixing someday.
But the fact that the placeholder character gets this formatting is wrong in
the first place.
You can't apply bold or striketrough to the placeholder character, so lets
make sure we don't.
This stuff is loaded in the kotext library, either in the KoTextLoader or in
the KoTextAnchor. It is then inserted into the document.
Grep for QChar::ObjectReplacementCharacter

--
Thomas Zander