List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: New libs in koffice/libs/ [was: kexi, kplato and reports]
From:       "Dr. Robert Marmorstein" <robert () narnia ! homeunix ! com>
Date:       2010-02-22 22:46:55

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

> I was hoping we covered all your needs with the other libs :)

It may still be possible to do some of this by calling parentWidget the
correct number of times on the correct widget.  But that seems like black
magic to me right now...

To be honest, since classes resumed I haven't had as much time to play with
this as I'd have liked, which is why I haven't bugged the list about it again.
It would be nice to provide some convenience functions that would make this
easier.

> Do you have your application available for download somewhere so we can see
> whats missing in flake/kotext/etc that require you to link to komain?

It's on gitorious at:

git://gitorious.org/publish-to-docker/publish-to-docker.git

I'll try to clean up the development branch I've been working on a little and
push my latest attempt at this to gitorious tonight.

> Personally I'd say that plugin writers should never have to link to komain.
> Its meant for koffice applications only.  Thats my vision of koffice libs.

Right now, I use KoDocument (which is in libs/main), but I guess I could use
KoOdfDocument instead.  Before, I was using the static KoDocument::documents
function to get stuff, but I think I've finally figured out how to get the
"current" document from the shape controller.  I wasted several days before I
realized I was missing a "public" in front of my inheritance of
KoCanvasObserverBase:

"class PublishWidget : public QDockWidget, KoCanvasObserverBase {"

isn't the same as

"class PublishWidget : public QDockWidget, public KoCanvasObserverBase {"

Which led to some really bizarre behavior and left me scratching my head for a
long time....

I'd like to thank everyone who's helped with this.  It's great working with
developers who are courteous and understanding of someone who's still just
getting used to the code base.

Hopefully, I can give back by helping with more than just a plugin or two here
and there...

Robert