List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kexi, kplato and reports
From:       Dag Andersen <danders () get2net ! dk>
Date:       2010-02-18 8:05:12

Onsdag 17 februar 2010 16:29:58 skrev Boudewijn Rempt:
> On Wed, 17 Feb 2010, Dag Andersen wrote:
> > Hi, need some help in deciding how to handle reports libraries.
> > The current situation is that the libs kplato needs is placed under kexi:
> > libkoreport: kexi/plugins/reportspgz/koreport
> > libkoproperty: kexi/koproperty
> >
> > I'd like not to be dependent on kexi in any way (source, link or package)
> > if possible, so what to do?
> >
> > With the current state of affairs moving to kofficelibs is not an option
> > for koreport, but maybe for koproperty?
> >
> > Would it be ok to move these libs to a "common" libs dir and then link
> > statically (like kplato now does with kdgantt)?
>
> If two apps use it, it should be in koffice/libs.
I'd be happy if it was moved to koffice/libs, but it does not (and will not in a
long time) conform to kofficelibs standards, so I thought that was no option.
> And I'm not sure that a
>  static lib would give you a lot over an ordinary dynamic lib.
AFAICS, since the libs are part of kexi (or even in a separate lib outside
kexi), I gain runtime- and  package independence?
Of course, if it's part of kofficelibs, no problem.

> Boudewijn

Mvh.
Dag Andersen