List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Meeting minutes for the 13 February
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-02-14 15:55:03

On Sunday 14. February 2010 16.37.44 David Mills wrote:
>Minutes of the 13/02 irc meeting
>
>Subject:
>The revival of Kivio and the introduction of three new contributors to the
>Koffice project.
>
>The meeting started with the presentations. The 3 new contributors are:
>Yue from china
>Rshah from Japan
>Welsh_Dwarf from France

Cool, and welcome :)

> The next discussion was on custom stencil support and the need to make
>  user  created content simpler. It was quickly decided that the Dia format
>  was to be privileged, with support for Koffice sml and a odg based format
>  support also important. It was also decided that modifying Karbone14 to be
>  able to create stencils would be a good idea.

Did you consider using odg files instead of Dia fileformat? Using ODG means that
applications since its the native fileformat for any shape.
Odg is essentially svg graphics with features like connectors. So svg images
are completely compatible too.

Also, the ShapeSelector I wrote (its quite basic at the moment, its in
plugins) could then be used to show all stencils since it can natively load
Odg files already for the user to insert into the doc.
--
Thomas Zander