List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KoResourceManager
From:       "C. Boemann" <cbo () boemann ! dk>
Date:       2010-01-31 11:13:53

Yes, I understand what it is doing, but also wondering what the
usecase is.

and if we want the /etc and /home/user  like setup will it not be a
good idea to build this in to the system so that if you don't find
your value in the local the document one i automatically
queried.

Though i suspect that we are talking about different usecases so
no inheritance is needed.

but i'm getting ahead of myself. Currently i've not heard why we
need local ones. I'm just curious here, as i don't think we should
make it complicated just because we have an idea that it might
be needed?

On Sunday 31 January 2010 10:33:14 Pierre Stirnweiss wrote:
> If I understood properly the whole design. There is one canvas
per view of
>  the document. This canvas is different on each view. Then I
think having a
>  "local" resource manager, where local settings/resources are
set and a
>  global resource manager for global settings/resource is
actually good.

> The concept is no more complicated than the system wide
/etc config and the
> /home/user/.config local one.
>
> Pierre
>
> > I agree with Casper here, one resource manager per
document is enough.
> > There is no need for a resource manager per canvas. An
additional
> > resource manager per canvas only calls for troubles as
some things you