List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    KoResourceManager
From:       Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann () zagge ! de>
Date:       2010-01-30 6:24:46

Hello,

while working on creating shapes with a predefined style I had a problem that
one thing I had put into the KoResourceManager was not found when I wanted to
get it out of the KoResourceManager at a different class. After debugging I
found the reason for that:
There is a KoResourceManager for the document and there is one for each
canvas. I had put the information into the one of the canvas and thus it was
not found in the document one.
The question now is should this difference even occur or should each canvas
using the same document use the same resource manager. The latter was the case
for the data centers.
In my opinion it would make sense to use the same resource manager for all
canvas's that are working on the same document.

Thorsten