List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Review Request: ToC generation step
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-01-28 11:22:55

On Thursday 28. January 2010 10.52.50 Pierre wrote:

> > > I am working on that, it will help for style, and it is proper.
> >
> > I was thinking that code could go to kword, the one property of
> > KoTableOfContents goes to KoParagraphStyle and then we can remove the
> > KoTableOfContents files.
>
> I think we need a TableOfContent class, really. The current implementation
>  is basic, but if you look at the spec (or the code I wrote about one year
>  ago), there is still much to implement.

I disagree.

The majority of the functionality should stay out of kotext as much as
possible per the goals of the library.
The insertion of the TOC by the user can go in kword. If at some point all the
things you see to be possible are implemented we can still take a new look at
things and re-evaluate.
--
Thomas Zander