Taking this whole thing from a different angle, I have thought of another possibility, which would not have some of the drawbacks of the visibility solution (like searching would find also deleted items,...). I don't know how and even if it's feasible and if we could take advantage of it, but I fire it up, so more brains could think about it: would it be possible to prepend/insert/... text at layout time, without adding it to the document, when we create the QTextLines and populate them? Pierre _______________________________________________ koffice-devel mailing list koffice-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel