List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    website reforms
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-01-18 8:21:56

I was a bit surprised last week that the website style was changed a bit,
and again this weekend.

Can the person doing the work maybe send an email about this? Would be nice to
not have a surprise when someone interested in KOffice comes to me and I have no
idea what she is talking about ;)

I got a heads up that the website is in fixed width but is so wide that it
doesn't fit on many screens anymore.
So I looked and was surprised to see it went from some 550 pixels last week to
900 pixels wide now.  I think thats a bit extreme. Looking at pages like;
http://www.koffice.org/kword/ which was designed for 550 pixels, the new width
makes it look totally horrible. The design is to have minimal text and let the
images talk, but that idea is totally lost with very long lines of text and
lots of white inside the design. (vs outside the design).

Can the width please be adjusted to be more in the direction of 550 again?
Thanks.

If you need a lot of text then the idea of an advertising website should maybe
be rethought. I really like the idea that we have a website that advertises
the product we make instead of looking like one of the many geek websites with
more text than pictures.
--
Thomas Zander