List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: flake patches for review (1/3)
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-01-10 1:14:03

On Sunday 10. January 2010 00.29.07 Jaroslaw S wrote:
> 2010/1/9 Dmitry Kazakov <dimula73@gmail.com>:
> >> Why not use reviewboard then?
> >
> > It can't work with git patches. Especially with patchsets.
>
> Maybe this helps: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/696638

I can't find anything useful there...

> What's wrong with git patches, assuming appropriate patch level is passed
>  to -p?

There are two things wrong; even if I do a 'proper' diff level (-p) somehow the
patch still doesn't get accepted. I have no clue why.
So, basically, it doesn't work without me switching to svn.  I hope nobody
expects me to do that.

Second thing thats wrong is that I posted a patch-queue. The significant thing
here is that the 6 patches need to be applied in order. Patch 6 probably won't
even apply without the others first being applied. Reviewboard doesn't know
this concept and thus doesn't handle it.

Good news is that gitorious has pretty cool review board functionality. So
this should turn out to be a problem of the past after the switch to git.
--
Thomas Zander