List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: important: automated testing of koconverter
From:       Jos van den Oever <Jos.van.den.Oever () kogmbh ! com>
Date:       2010-01-08 9:59:04

On Wednesday 06 January 2010 11:36:24 Jos van den Oever wrote:
> You can replay this example by checking out the test documents:
>   svn checkout svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/tests/kofficetests/
>   cd import/powerpoint
>   make test

Some more news on tests. I've generalized the test script so that it works on
any input file and you can use different converters. From the script header:

# A converter can be specified on the command line with -c.
# The default converter is
#   runtests.sh -c "koconverter --batch --nocrashhandler"
# To use OpenOffice for the conversion, one can use
#   runtests.sh -c "python KOfficeOODocumentConverter.py"
# KOfficeOODocumentConverter.py can be found in koffice/filters/kpresenter/ooppt
#
# To test only a subset of the test cases, specify the XSL files for the
# test on the command-line:
#   runtests.sh barchart.xsl

The current tests all pass with OpenOffice but two fail with koconverter. In my
opinion we should have many more tests. They are easy to add. Also in the
workflow of fixing bugs, one should first add a test case.

Has anyone tried the test script already with their converter? It now works
for .doc, .docx etc. It works for all input formats that koconverter can
convert to odf.

I also blogged about this script:
http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/4130

Cheers,