List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Compound File Format reader
From:       Jos van den Oever <Jos.van.den.Oever () kogmbh ! com>
Date:       2010-01-04 9:13:05

On Wednesday 23 December 2009 04:38:23 Brad Hards wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 December 2009 09:21:07 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > > Check out filters/kpresenter/powerpoint/libppt/pole.{h,cpp}. This file
> > > actually exists in multiple incarnations within KOffice. I don't know
> > >  anything about the relative performance, ease of use or featurefulness
> > > of pole and libgsf2.
> >
> > I've thought about that, but porting wv2 to pole is a bigger job than
> > just putting wv2 into the koffice tree -- and while I agree the glib
> > dependency sucks, in practice Qt depends on glib anyway on most, if not
> > all distributions.
>
> For what it is worth, I'm working on a Qt-based Compound File Binary File
> Format parser. It isn't done yet, but maybe only a few more weeks. I'll
>  upload it to playground when it gets a bit more mature.
If you want ideas look at the code strigi uses. It is different from the one in
pole. The code has no dependencies on any library.

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdesupport/strigi/src/streams/oleinputstream.h?view=markup
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdesupport/strigi/src/streams/oleinputstream.cpp?view=markup

Cheers,
Jos