List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Kspread row limit
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2009-12-30 11:25:25

On Tuesday 29 December 2009, Thomas Zander wrote:

> This shows a rather big confusion. This thread and the request on IRC were
>  not by people that suggested to do the work.

No, but repeated statements that the work shouldn't be done are discouraging
-- a better phrasing of your initial mail might even had the result that
someone would have started seriously hacking on it. I find it best to always
keep the possiblity open for improvement and contributions.

> So I think you got angry at me because of a confusion; confusion over the
>  idea that I'm stopping people from extending kspread. There is no such
>  intend on my part, although I agree my first email on this thread could
>  have been phrased better.

I'm not angry: just disappointed that you take it for granted that there is a
community decision where there wasn't one.

> The thing that really happened (and why I said; "the consensus seems to
>  be") is just that I remembered sufficient detail of the discussions for
>  the last 6 years and tell you what people in the know said before. Really,
>  I'm not making any "community decisions" here.

Please don't pull that sort of seniority thing: yes, you've been around
KOffice for a long time, with a big gap in the middle when you were more
interested in kdepim and usability, but I've been around for more than six
years as well by now. In any case, your first reply to my mail made it clear
that you did see the lack of further mail in this thread as the basis for your
statement on irc, it's not fair to suddenly drag in the rest of KOffice
history.