List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: wv2 ?
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-12-21 13:06:17

On Wednesday 07 October 2009, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Oct 2009, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > Which version of wv2 should be used ? Apparently, the last release of wv2
> > isn't enough ? Would be extra, really nice to have release of wv2 before
> > release of koffice (and packagers don't like to pull stuff from a svn), I
> > don't think we have had any release of 2.1 betas where the .doc filter
> > could be enabled :( (not counting that apparently, 2.1 Beta 3 try to
> > compile with wv2 0.4.0 and trigger a compilation error)
>
> I think we should move the wv code into koffice svn, out of sourceforge.
>  The legal situation that made the original authors put the code on
>  sourceforge has changed with the publication of the spec [...]

For the record, the reason Werner put wv2 on sourceforget wasn't a legal
reason, but the hope that the users of wv including abiword, would upgrade to
wv2 and help with its development.

But since this never happened and seems very unlikely by now, I think moving
wv2 to koffice is a good idea indeed.

--
David Faure, faure@kde.org, http://www.davidfaure.fr