On Thursday 17 December 2009, Thomas Zander wrote: > On Thursday 17. December 2009 08.12.05 Boudewijn Rempt wrote: > > On Wednesday 16 December 2009, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote: > > > I don't see other uses for Esc, so I hope this suggestion isn't as > > > controversial as my previous one. It would just be an easy to remember > > > shortcut to selecting the default tool for users who are either > > > confused by the tool they have currently selected or are done using it > > > and want to switch back to the tool that that does nothing but select > > > things. > > > > Krita uses Escape as a global (i.e., not tool-based) shortcut to > > show/hide dockers and toolbox. > > Interesting; just last week sven told me this feature was still missing in > Krita :D I added it early november (http://www.krita.org/component/content/article/9- krita-updates/16-spray-favorites-formats). I choose Esc because that's the only key available on my tablet pc :-) > > Escape seems to fit more to the idea that (the other) Thomas suggested for > other apps. I guess the default tool is not the best thing to go to for > Krita, so this is not all that relevant for Krita. > > Does my change have any negative side effect on Krita? > Not sure yet, I currently am in the middle of a big refactoring so I haven't been able to test. I guess a global shortcut will override the keys seens by a tool, if not I can code around it. I was thinking of trying to make Esc hide/show dockers and toolbar when the active layer is a raster layer, and to make it activate the default tool when it is a vector layer, but I'm not sure how to work that. -- Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org _______________________________________________ koffice-devel mailing list koffice-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel