List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: warnings in sidewinder
From:       Marijn Kruisselbrink <m.kruisselbrink () student ! tue ! nl>
Date:       2009-12-10 12:04:39

On Thursday 10 December 2009 10:19:16 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There are some warnings in filters/kspread/excel/sidewinder/utils.h that
> seem a bit worrying. This code gives lots of strict-aliasing warnings. I'm
> not sure how to fix those, does anyone have a hint for me?
I guess the cleanest way would be to memcpy the double (why is there even a
typedef to data_64 for that...) to a unsigned char[8], do all the
byteswapping on that, and memcpy it back later... apparently the original
author thought this piece of code would be a bottleneck or something, so I'm
not sure how much slower that would be.

Marijn