List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: 2.2 Release plan
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2009-12-01 22:19:58

On Tue, Dec 01, 2009, Jaroslaw S wrote:
> 2009/12/1 Thomas Zander <zander@kde.org>:
> > On Tuesday 1. December 2009 16.30.23 Jaroslaw S wrote:
> >> This is your choice of course and the discussion is not new.
> >
> > The answer we had previously on a similar issue (koffice1 coinstallable with
> > koffice2) is simple; users that choose to upgrade their Krita from 2.1 to 2.2
> > will have to upgrade their Qt at the same time.
> > I don't see any packager issues with that.
>
> Is KDE 4.3 supposed to work with Qt 4.6?
> If not, minor upgrate to one of the KOffice app requires:
> * updating other KOffice apps
why ? Or are you suggesting that 2.2 should only work with 4.3, otherwise, other
koffice applications have to work with 4.4 and Qt 4.6, because spring release
of disitributions will be using that. In other word, other applications, have the
choice between still supporting K4.3/Qt4.5 as well as K4.4/Qt4.6, or only the later.

> * updating KDElibs
yes, so what ?

I am a bit confused by this whole conversation, and think you are creating problems
where they are inexistant. You can safely assume that Krita devs take decision
regarding Krita that are in the best interest of Krita. But if that decision also
affects other applications, we indeed need to find a solution, but I have no idea of
how having Krita requires at least K4.4/Qt4.6 has any effect on other koffice
applications, so if you can be specific on the subject, I would appreciate details.

--
Cyrille Berger