List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice/plugins/defaultTools/defaulttool
From:       Jan Hambrecht <jaham () gmx ! net>
Date:       2009-11-17 11:21:47

Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Tuesday 17. November 2009 04.13.59 Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
>> SVN commit 1050284 by zachmann:
>>
>> o Fix moving of grouped shapes by keyboard
>>
>> If a grouped shape was moved by keyboard and selected again the size of
>> the group was no longer the size of its members.
>
> Could you please explain this a bit more?
> The group shape (KoShapeGroup) has this in its API docs;
>  "Note that while this object is also a shape, it is not actually visible
>   and the user can't interact with it."
>
> In effect this means that the size of the group shape is totally irrelevant.
> So I'm not sure what you are fixing here. I don't think this change is
> correct.

Unfortunately the way we handle group shapes now causes several
problems. The problem Thorsten fixes with that patch is just one of
them. Another problem you can also test if you scale a group shape which
is the top of a shape hierarchy, i.e.

Group
     Group
	Shape1
	Shape2

After scaling, Shape1 and Shape2 are not updated properly within the
KoRTree of the shape manager, as only the direct children are updated.
Furthermore the position and size of a group is going to be required for
svg effects too, as these effects can also be applied to group objects.
So we probably need a way to update position and size of group objects
if their children change.

Ciao Jan