List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: end lines
From:       jaham () gmx ! net
Date:       2009-11-02 21:10:48

Hi Jérémy...

On Monday 02 November 2009 14:21:21 Jérémy Lugagne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm doing the modifications and i don't understand this notice :
>
> "+void KoShapeEndLinesDocker::
> applyChanges()
> +{
> +    KoCanvasController* canvasController =
>  KoToolManager::instance()->activeCanvasController();
>
> Instead of using the singleton, please make the docker also inherit from
> KoCanvasObserver."

There is an abstract interface class KoCanvasObserver which your docker is
already derived from (libs/flake/KoCanvasObserver.h). Then you automatically
get notified of canvas changes, i.e. the virtual function
setCanvas(KoCanvasBase*) gets called on your docker implementation.

> And for the #define KoPathShapeEndLineSize 15 is to define the end line
> size. But i cant change it with a slider or combobox with some size in the
> docker.

I think the size of the line end should a member of the KoLineEnd class (which
is entirely lissing from the patch btw). And i rather would like to have the
code which calculates the orientation of the line end in that class too, so
the path shape does not need to know about how the line end works. It only
should call a paint method on the line end class imho.

Ciao Jan