List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Bugfixes and Features
From:       "C. Boemann" <cbo () boemann ! dk>
Date:       2009-10-27 13:18:15

On Tuesday 27 October 2009 13:23:45 Cyrille Berger wrote:
> It's rather easy, actually. Data loss are obvious bug fixes, and
fixing the
> round trip fix a data loss. While displaying on screen increase
the
> functionnalities of KOffice, hence is a new feature.
>
> In any case, unless the patch is a two liners (and branch/2.1
isn't
>  frozen), bug fix for data loss are ok in the branch. Otherwise,
post the
>  patch for review here, and then we can decide if it is safe to
apply or
>  not.
Let me ask you about this case then:
in word documents text can be divided into sections. This is
currently not implemented in kword meaning we loose data.

However implementing it will make the documents look different
. Ok maybe a hack could be devised that would make it look like
before, but that would just be even more code.

So would that me considered a bugfix or a feature?

best regards
Casper