List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Emf libray
From:       Inge Wallin <inge () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2009-10-26 10:38:25

On Sunday 25 October 2009 13:49:43 Inge Wallin wrote:
> Ok, where to start this...
>
> Yesterday, I committed a library called qemf to koffice/libs, which reads
>  and handles MS Extended MetaFiles.
>
> Today there was an email from Thomas and some discussion on IRC.  It's not
> often that we have a new library, so there is no written rules about how to
>  do it.  It was agreed that the library stays in, and we have a discussion
>  here on the ML.
>
> There are 3 questions:
> 1. Does this library belong in KOffice?
> 2. Should the name be koemf instead of qemf?
> 3. What is the right place for it.

A lot has been said about this, and I think it's time to wrap up.  Is anybody
unhappy with the following summary?

1. mostly yes, at least it is ok.
2. qemf is perhaps not such a good name.  koemf is better, or even libemf.
3. For now, let's keep it out of libs/ and put it under the shape that uses it
instead.  It can always be moved if there are more users.

Regarding the shape, we all agree that a general vector shape is better, but a
good enough start is a dedicated EMF shape. It can be generalized later.

Ok?

	-Inge