List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Emf libray
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2009-10-25 13:02:52

On Sunday 25 October 2009, Inge Wallin wrote:

> 2. I originally named it qemf because it implements a qt based EMF library
>  and uses nothing KOffice specific.  The KOffice specific things are kept
>  inside the emfshape.  I have no attachment to the name and would be ok
>  with the name koemf even if  think it would be a bit misleading.  Other
>  alternatives would be libemf or emflib which would be similar to libppt in
>  filters/kpresenter/.

libemf sounds good.

> 3. Most of the libraries mentioned in point 1 above are under filters/.
> However, in this case the first user of the library will not be a filter,
>  but a shape under plugins/. We could put the library in plugins/ which
>  would be ok for now. But I expect that there will soon be a filter that
>  converts an EMF to either SVG or ODG.  That would not even be pretty
>  simple to do. So in that case, we would have to move it.  Not a big deal,
>  but why not put it in libs directly?  I don't have a strong opinion on
>  this, so any way is fine with me.

I think libs is fine. It isn't like the libraries in libs are all used by all
applications; it's the collection of libraries we maintain that are used by
two or more koffice components. If you want to pick nits, it could be argued
that first putting in under the shape, and then move it when the filter is
committed, but I don't think that's necessary.