List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Problems with linked text frames - feedback
From:       Anne Wilson <cannewilson () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2009-10-11 11:16:09

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

While attempting to write up a tutorial using linked frames I had a big
problem, where the text displayed as a duplication (or window on) in every
box.  http://imagebin.org/66919 shows you what happened.

Having thought about this for some time I decided that the document itself
must be corrupt - not the obvious thought, since I had started the document
from scratch two or three times with the same result.  Anyway, I created a new
document containing two linked text frames - nothing else.  As before, I
started to type in quite a big font, and the text flowed perfectly.  QED, I
thought, and wiped the text, storing the document with empty boxes, for
further tests later.

Next day I opened the test document again and started to type.  This time it
behaved like the original problem (imagebin shot).  Conclusion - It looks like
the old bug, where opening saved documents creates problems.

I'm out the rest of today, but tomorrow I'll try to do a whole page using
linked boxes and save it, to see whether it is OK by the next opening, or
whether it is only affected if you edit it.

Anne