List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Guides Insertor Docker
From:       jaham () gmx ! net
Date:       2009-09-15 19:18:03

On Sunday 13 September 2009 04:18:15 Carlos Licea wrote:
> Hey list,
> 	I've been working in a new Docker to be included when the freeze is up.
> 	I'm a person that likes to distribute as evenly as possible its figures in
>  a document. Right now in KOffice we have guides to help us out, yet the
>  creation of the guides is kind of slow process (and a bit furstrating
>  since you have to either divide the page size and then insert the guides
>  or calculate "by eye" where to put the guides).
> 	So, with this in mind (and because I wanted to implement a docker in the
> first place), I started the Guides Insertor Docker.
> 	As it name suggest it is a docker for inserting new guides in a document,
>  but it takes a different approach to do it. You tell it how many lines you
>  want and it will create them evenly distributed.
> 	Look at the screenshot[1] for an idea of how it works. Essentailly it lets
> you
> create a "personalyzed" grid.
> 	Currently it already works as espected.
> 	The guides tool needs some polishing tough, I'll try to give it some love
>  in the upcoming months.
> 	What do you guys think of it?

I think it is a good idea. Is this docker part of the guides tool (i.e. a
tooldocker) or is it a separate docker?

> Carlos
>
> [1] http://imagebin.ca/view/60jnhU.html
>
> PS: the three options that are marked as ? in the docker are: "Delete
>  previous guides", "Add guides to the vertical margins" and "Add guides to
>  the horizontal margins".

I think these tooltips are not as clear as they could be. What are previous
guides? All the existing guides or all of these that where inserted at the
last click on the create button?
And margins should be probably called page margins to be extra clear.

Ciao Jan