List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: mass  testing of kword parsing
From:       Werner Trobin <trobin () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-09-08 13:44:02

On Tuesday 08 September 2009 15:22:55 Jos van den Oever wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 September 2009 02:36:26 pm Jos van den Oever wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > To quickly identify files that crash KWord, I've written a script that
> > runs KWord on all .doc and .odt files in a directory.
> >
> > The script and the results for a run on the KOffice source directory are
> > attached. The results.txt file prints the exit status after each input
> >  file. Please use this script to identify problematic files.
>
> I just tested the script with the data from POI (http://poi.apache.org/)and
> found that 10 out of 85 .doc files crash kword and 19 give a timeout.

You can easily analyze whether the bug/crash is in the KOffice part of the
filter or in libwv2, btw. wv2/tests contains a primitive test harness that
simply invokes the parser and writes out the callbacks to the console (for
regression testing). Check out "handlertest.cpp" and "regression".

If handlertest is able to process the file without problems, it is very
unlikely that it would crash when used from the KOffice part of the import
filter.

Ciao,
Werner