List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Untranslated items in Kexi's toolbar in the Form Design tab
From:       Jannick Kuhr <jakuhr-linux () gmx ! de>
Date:       2009-09-04 9:34:11

2009/9/4 Cyrille Berger <cberger@cberger.net>:
> On Friday 04 September 2009, Burkhard Lück wrote:
>> Lot of translation teams are working in trunk on koffice, most of them
>> don't read koffice-devel, so they are not aware of this situation and
>> waste
>> their time with translation of obsolete/duplicated messages.
> I mailed 'kde-i18n-doc@kde.org' two days ago, about kexi, didn't my mails
> reached the mailing list ?

They reached the list, but many teams are keeping translations up to
date even if there is no release soon, e.g. to have enough time for
testing. Translating obsolete or duplicated messages is unnecessary
and wastes time... So I completly agree with Burkhard that the
technical part of the translation process (message extraction,
resonable catalogs...) should be always up to date, independent from a
release.

Kind regards, Jannick
(german translator of KOffice)