List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: What does "end user ready" mean?
From:       Dmitry Kazakov <dimula73 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-09-02 19:55:07

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Well, i agree with Cyrille. In my opinion, "end user ready" means that when
the user opens a document he knows for sure that he'll close it in 15
minutes _himself_ printed and saved and no crash will prevent him from that.

At this very moment we have loads of features. The problem is that many of
them doesn't work (well or at all). And the most pity thing is that many of
these bugs can't be solved easily (or without dirty hacks). In some cases
complete subsystems should be rewritten to solve a tiny bug.

In my opinion, we should clean up our code much before making Koffice user
friendly. It'll fix _most_ of the bugs we have at once and will make our
product at least stable.

PS:
About present features. KWord has a spell-checker. A couple of months before
i wanted to use it for writing a letter and i found that the spell-checker
is broken and a cursor blinks badly. I closed KWord and opened OOW =(

--
Dmitry Kazakov