List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice 2.2, usability and the Q4 sprint
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-09-02 9:08:33

On Wednesday 2. September 2009 10.51.34 ext Inge Wallin wrote:
> > I am arguing that even if we put 100% of every developers time in
> > usability, we'll still not have an end-user-ready release in 2.2. Since
> > too many end users require one of the items from my (shortened) list
> > above.
[]
> However, what you write here is interesting.  Are there more people
> thinking that 2.2 will not be end user ready no matter what we do?

To be clear; when I said that if we focus on usability 100% it will *not* be
ready I didn't mean to imply that there is no way to get it end-user ready.

If we focus on implementing the required base features I think our UI problems
will not stand in the way of calling it end-user ready.

--
Thomas Zander

Qt Developer Days 2009 | Registration Now Open!
Munich, Germany: Oct 12 - 14     San Francisco, California: Nov 2 - 4
      http://qt.nokia.com/qtdevdays2009