List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice 2.2, usability and the Q4 sprint
From:       Pau Garcia i Quiles <pgquiles () elpauer ! org>
Date:       2009-09-02 7:55:44

Hello,

> An end user who tries out KOffice and finds it cumbersome to use will not be
> back soon.

An end user who tries out KOffice and finds it cumbersome to use may
or may not keep on using it, or even be back any time soon.

An end user who tries out KOffice and finds it does not render text,
tables, etc as they were created, finds that it does not support
certain features, etc for sure will not be back in a long time. For
instance, is it possible to get text displayed in vertical yet? (I
fail to find that formatting option in KWord). I find features more
important than UI.

IMHO: a nice UI without working (not broken) features is void. A
working set of features with a not-so-good UI is, well, what users are
already used to :-)

Talking about users, another important feature KOffice is missing is
documentation: the handbooks are very outdated (most of them are from
the KOffice 1.6 era, some of them even from 1.5!)

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org