List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: About libraries...
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-08-29 15:07:18

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 29. August 2009 15.02.31 Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > I will naturally respect your suggestion, Cyrille. You are the release
> > manager.
>
> Hum no. It's not good, I hope you agree with the suggestion because you
> think it's a good one, not because I am release _coordinator_

I do respect you on choosing the right thing for KOffice.

~3 months ago boud started doing his library work, great stuff. The
presentation made clear that after the splitting there was a suggestion to
make one KOffice library, but it was not decided yet. [1]
Then nothing happened on this topic for quite some time. When boud went on
holiday I asked around, who can continue his work. We have a release
deadline. Nobody seemed to know details. We did get a mail but that was a
bit short on details. Note how reintegrating widgets libs and the relation
to 'komain'. [2]
Some weeks ago I integrated the patch from Pierre and was hit by how
unfinished the work was [3]. So I took it on myself to finish it.
I send emails, send patches, ask for suggestions on next steps and last make
a proposal for a next step. All fine, nobody objects.

Then I commit and boud immediately tells me to revert. I also get the strong
suggestions I leave the project. Ironically telling me I can't work
together.

So, my perspective is that I'm finishing the work that someone else started
and I'm trying to be very nice about it and work together to go in the same
direction and the result is that I get screamed at.
At that point I personally would suggest to invoke the "He who does the work
decides" rule.

So, really, the only reason I'm not finishing this important work is because
I respect your decision.

1) http://bit.ly/XY3A8
2) http://lists.kde.org/?l=koffice-devel&m=124963385018958&w=2
3) I actually told boud this weeks before but didn't get a reply;
http://lists.kde.org/?l=koffice-devel&m=124964411132741&w=2
--
Thomas Zander