List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: ODF in KOffice
From:       Finn Gruwier Larsen <finn () gruwier ! dk>
Date:       2009-08-27 11:51:22

Thomas Zander skrev:
> On Wednesday 26. August 2009 18.14.08 Finn Gruwier Larsen wrote:
>> The documents I used for the test is a series of documents that I
>> produced last year for another test (a test concerning ODF-OOXML
>> interoperability that I made for the Danish IT Authority, IT- &
>> Telestyrelsen). The test documents are all produced with OpenOffice.org
>> 2.4 on Windows. There is no guarantee that the documents actually comply
>> with any of the ISO ODF standards - they are just "OpenOffice
>> documents". Anyway, since OpenOffice.org is in widespread use, testing
>> on these documents represent a realistic scenario.
>
> Are you expecting to do the opposite too? Where you create documents in
> KOffice and see how well they appear in OpenOffice?

Not at this point, although that test would certainly be relevant too.

> Next to that, I'd like to point to officeshots.org which aims to be an
> automated system where you can upload your documents and get the pdf output
> of that document rendered in different office applications.
> It might be very interesting to see how well OOo 3.x renders these
> documents, for example. You can do that on that site.

Thanks, I didn't know that site.

Apart from KOffice I have tested all the documents with StarOffice 7
update 2, OpenOffice.org 3.0 Novell Edition, NeoOffice 3.0, Lotus
Symphony 1.3 and MS Office 2007 beta 2. They all passed all the tests
with the exception of MS Office which only passed 28 of the 36 tests.

Finn