List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Page Variable Support
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-08-24 19:15:42

On Monday 24. August 2009 21.57.13 Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> > Set the zindex of those 3 shapes properly and you have essentially no
> > need for more than one shapeManager (per canvas) or any need to do any
> > painting without using the shapeManager.
>
> I don't see how that would help setting these 3 zindex properly. When
> doing a lower or raise all shape index are taken into account and so you
> could lower a shape behind a background.

No, you are wrong there.  The parent is not changed so it won't get behind
the background which is in a different part of the shape-hierarchy.
I tried it before I sent the mail; all points I made in the email are tested
to be true; you can easily use 1 shapemanager for everything that kpresenter
needs.
--
Thomas Zander