List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Page Variable Support
From:       Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann () zagge ! de>
Date:       2009-08-23 4:26:59

On Sat August 22 2009, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Friday 21. August 2009 22.17.40 Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> > Yes it is the exact same shape as it is the same master page used for
> > both pages. Let me go into the details. In kopageapp only the shapes of
> > the current page are in the shape manager. Actually that are two shape
> > managers one for the shapes of the master page and one for the shapes of
> > the page. So it you show 2 different pages in 2 views with the same
> > master page you show the same shapes on both views.
>
> Why did you need two shape managers?

One reason is that the shapes of the master page can not influence the shapes
of the normal page. E.g. it should not be possible to move a shape from the
normal page behind a shape of the master page. I can't see how that is
possible otherwise then having 2 shape managers.

One other think which is also important is that the shape managers only have
the shapes of the page just shown at the moment.

Thorsten