--===============0393579455== Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="Boundary-00=_qjmjKTU0DwaWsAp" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline --Boundary-00=_qjmjKTU0DwaWsAp Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit On Friday 21 August 2009, Jaroslaw S wrote: > That would be a solution. > Or another solution would be to allow for both approaches. > I still encourage to use Q_UNUSED() and adding includes in advance. > One reason is that we add library interdependencies in advance this way. Not sure if I see a point to that. Anyway, we can just have the policy of using Q_UNUSED with #include or /* variable */, it's just that the first one is bond to cause regular breakage on windows, so we might want to recommand the second one. > Is including headers so costly these days? I hope not, especially if > we're talking about adding them to .cpp files. Parsing a header is reasonnably cheap, but it might trigger a recompilation when the header change (which in case of a qt/kde header isn't much of a problem, since anyway it's unlikely only header changed, but for koffice header it is different). That the file is only included in the cpp, just mean that there isn't a cascading effect like what you have with unused header included in hpp. > Moreover, not using the C-like /* variable commenting */ can be > perhaps more friendly for Doxygen. We are speaking cpp file, and the KDE/KOffice policy is doxygen belongs to headers. -- Cyrille Berger --Boundary-00=_qjmjKTU0DwaWsAp Content-Type: text/html; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit On Friday 21 August 2009, Jaroslaw S wrote:

--
Cyrille Berger

--Boundary-00=_qjmjKTU0DwaWsAp-- --===============0393579455== Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline _______________________________________________ koffice-devel mailing list koffice-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel --===============0393579455==--