List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Painting on the QImage in QPainter Canvas
From:       "LukasT.dev () gmail ! com" <lukast ! dev () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-08-16 17:46:10

> Btw, the same buffer as you intoduced, is stored inside
> KisPrescaledProjection. The only difference, it's shifted a bit. Why
> don't you want to use this one?

The main reason is that the image which is painted in this patch does not
contain just the image but also all tools preview, the grey border of the
canvas, all decorations etc. It is the image of the whole widget.

Yep, I know that this brings yet another copying of the data.
The reason for review is answer the question:

There are benefits like working compositing modes. So that tools preview can be
seen in black images. Is the performance downgrade which is not big,still ok
with this patch?

Lukas