List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: changing dependency from released to trunk version of libwv2
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-08-08 7:05:36

On Saturday 8. August 2009 03.23.17 cricketc@gmail.com wrote:
> I believe there was some hesitation in joining wv2 with koffice, in case
> of legal problems. I have no idea how big an issue this is.

The initial reason for starting wv2 external were partly the hope of sharing
the load, and partly the legal situation.
As KOffice grows the big competition might just find this project too easy a
target for a suit. With grounds or not.
So for the good of KOffice I think its good to keep it external.

> I don't imagine packagers would like to depend on a trunk version of wv2
> if it's still a separate project...

I don't think thats a problem; many users find the feature this library
provides important so as long as we depend on a released wv2 when koffice
releases, I'm pretty sure packages will use it.
--
Thomas Zander