List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: lib reorg status and the way forward
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-08-07 11:22:40

On Friday 7. August 2009 10.31.06 ext Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> * when that's done: reintegrate the various widget libraries, as far
> as useful: I want to take a look first at which widgets are used
> by komain, and then which widgets are used in all applications, and
> only merge those.

Is it possible to do the merging also without the flake cleanup?
The merging would be useful since now we actually have more libraries we are
linking against on startup with loads more exported symbols being matched
between those libs compared to when they would be inside the same library.
So essentially we will have a regression in startup until we do the merging.
Which leads me to the suggestion that we do this before the 2.1 release.

One point that still needs to be done after this is that we now have in our
cmake files the list of libs we link to fully specified.
Cmake actually allows us to have a hierarchy, so you don't have to tell your
app you are linking against flake if your app already links against main. Since
thats implicit anyway.

I did this quite some time ago for koffice libs, and I'd like that after the
reorg we get that hierarchy back.
--
Thomas Zander