List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KoImageData
From:       Dmitry Kazakov <dimula73 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-07-13 21:25:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

>1

>I load a  KWord document it has several images  of different sizes. To
>speed up loading I want to  have no images actually parsed until after
>the loading of the odf is  done. To allow loading a document with many
>many images fast  the delayed parsing/loading should be  done based on
>showing. So only load an image when its being painted the first time.

I  think loading  shouldn't be  _fully_  based on  showing. Yes,  it's
better to load images from current page first, but then start a thread
that will preload other images in background.
Maybe you meant it here... =)

6.
We  could use  mipmapping for zooming.  Isn't  it too  heavy for  that
purpose? I'm  thinking over it's  realisation in krita's  paint device
right now. You could use some code from that in the future...

--
Dmitry Kazakov