List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice reports
From:       Dag Andersen <danders () get2net ! dk>
Date:       2009-07-06 10:45:06

Lørdag 04 juli 2009 15:52:07 skrev Jaroslaw S:
> 2009/7/4 Dag Andersen <danders@get2net.dk>:
>(...)
> Dag,
> dbus is good for message processing, but experience tells me that for
> data sharing it is not enough...
Ok, I trust your experience, I've heard it is a good thing to have :)

> To see what are the differences between IPC and data exchange layers,
> and what others did in the industry, you can visit eg.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OLEDB or
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ActiveX_Data_Objects
>
> It would be cool to have someone interested in this task.
Well, it seems that this needs to be addressed if we are going to get
somewhere with reports.
Would it be possible for somebody with a clear understanding of the objectives
(Jaroslaw?) to do the initial design so that somebody else could fill in the
blanks without messing the whole ting up?

--
Mvh.
Dag Andersen