List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Documentation
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-07-01 12:06:05

On Tuesday 30. June 2009 20.00.50 Cyrille Berger wrote:
> It's still ok to edit the doc in svn for all but kword (I think kword doc
> was removed anyway, or it should). But for the future the idea is to move
> it to userbase [1], I don't know if you have time or if there is a script
> to help with that :)
>
> [1] userbase.kde.org

yes, I agree.

The state is that someone needs to write those scripts, indeed.

We need 2 scripts actually;
* one to read content from either the docbook directly or from doc.kde.org
* one to read content from userbase and generate the index.cache.bz2 and the
dir with all the pngs somehow so we can ship that for offline usage.

So, the idea I had in mind for KWord docs at least is;
* the current docbook is moved to userbase (done)
* users edit and tweak the userbase docs based on the new release
* at release time we run a script to download content from userbase and we
create something we can put in our release tarball.

So this aims to basically shipping a snapshot of the docs with the product for
offline use.
--
Thomas Zander