List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Some input on tables
From:       Thomas Zander <T.Zander () nokia ! com>
Date:       2009-06-15 10:38:40

On Monday 15. June 2009 12.34.44 Elvis Stansvik wrote:
> > Just to add some input: we decided to create an "editor" interface to the
> > QTextDocument in each frame. This interface will wrap the QTextCursor up,
> > making sure undo/redo and changeTracking is properly taken care of. This
> > means that manipulating the QTextCursor directly should be avoided. This
>
> Hm. I see. Is this something that is currently in SVN? I kind of have
> to get on with my work, and I see QTextCursor used quite liberally in
> Layout.cpp. And at the moment I'm not working on editing at all, just
> trying to do some initial layout of tables, so nothing that should end
> up on undo/redo/changetracking AFAICS. E.g. I'm only working at the
> layout part of it at the moment.

The code that you work on will likely never actually change the document, so
going to the editor that Pierre is working on is not needed.

Pierre; the QTextCursor usage that Elvis is talking about is purely for read-
only purposes. I.e. Figure out if a block is in a table etc.

I think both your work is not interfering with each other for quite some time
to come :)
--
Thomas Zander