List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Cannot start kword from koffice 2.0.0
From:       "M. Fioretti" <mfioretti () nexaima ! net>
Date:       2009-05-31 19:16:39

Greetings,

I am running Fedora 9 x86_64 with all updates and the kde/koffice
versions packaged for that distro (4.2 and 1.6.3).

I really wanted to try kword from KOffice 2.0, so I downloaded the
tarball and followed all the instructions at
http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=Build_KOffice

I checked that I had all the right versions of the devel packages,
then compiled and installed, apparently without errors, in
/opt/koffice_2

Then I have prepared this script (called run_koffice_2):

export KDEDIR=/usr                # default value of KDEDIR on Fedora 9
export KODIR=/opt/koffice_2
export KDEDIRS=$KDEDIR:$KODIR
export PATH=/opt/koffice_2/bin:$PATH

but this is all I get:

[marco@polaris ~]$ source run_koffice_2
[marco@polaris ~]$ kword
kword(13514)/koffice (lib komain) KoDocumentEntry::createDoc: ""
[marco@polaris ~]$ kspread
kspread(13515)/koffice (lib komain) KoDocumentEntry::createDoc: ""
[marco@polaris ~]$ which kword
/opt/koffice_2/bin/kword
[marco@polaris ~]$ which kspread
/opt/koffice_2/bin/kspread
[marco@polaris ~]$

what am I missing? How can I make kword start? I *do* know that this
is a developer's release, so I do NOT expect it to be complete, 100%
stable, usable for production work, etc... I just really want to have
a feel of how it looks (and if in the process I can help you guys to
clear some bug, the better!)

Any help is appreciated, please don't hesitate to ask for more info or
test. I cannot change distro right now, so if the solution requires
rebuilding the whole KDE from scratch, I'll have to wait, but if it's
simpler....

TIA,
    Marco

software is used *around* you:            http://digifreedom.net/node/84