List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Library/Modules reorganisation
From:       Jaroslaw S <kexipl () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-05-18 8:44:42

2009/5/18 Boudewijn Rempt <boud@valdyas.org>:
> On Monday 18 May 2009, Jaroslaw S wrote:
>
>> The question that in interesting to me (probably already answered?):
>> what libraries could we make available for Qt-only programs. I bet
>> there are some with very few deps on kdelibs. In other and old news, I
>> am slowly moving to Qt-only with KexiDB (Predicate), and maybe with
>> some data migration framework.
>
> Not answered, no. But it is very interesting. I think pigment would
> be the easiest to make Qt-only (I already did that once), it's mostly a matter
> of using qpluginloader instead of ktrader, and s/kdebug/qdebug/.

Exactly, e.g. IIRC ktrader represents most visible implementeation
change in KexiDB2 aka Predicate (stays in branches/work/predicate
now). KDElibs use kpluginloader, being a layer on top of qpluginloader
+ KDE 3 compatibility/fallback loading routine, so in this regard,
moving to Qt-only does not seem to be very challenging. OK.

> KoStore, which is at the root of the current & my experimental revised
> hierarchy, depends on kio and apparently also links to kdeui for some reason.
>
> I think it will be much easier to revise our KDE/Qt dependencies and make some
> of them optional once the lib redesign is done. Doing both together is too
> much in one go, at least for me.

OK.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek