List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Junior Job: replace KOffice app icons with Oxygen versions on
From:       Jaroslaw S <kexipl () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-05-16 22:30:06

2009/5/16 Thomas Zander <zander@kde.org>:
> On Saturday 16. May 2009 21.02.02 Jaroslaw S wrote:
>> >
>> > Shouldn't they use logos instead ?
>>
>> Other apps (outside of KOffice) usually have no logos and on Userbase
>> are recognized by icons.
>
> The icons are icon-theme specific; I'd say that if we have logos we should
> use them.
>
>> But another option could be to add logos in
>> addition to icons... How about this?
>
> Won't that just confuse people?

No more than using <quote>close-button-like icon to express Kexi</quote> :)

http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=Image:Koffice-logo-kexi.png

I agre that we should promote logos more. But icons show purpose of
the app more.
I find it important especially that not each app from KOffice has name
suggesting the purpose.

Moreover, since we have icons too and use them on the desktop (and not
logos) to identify the applications, why should we do the opposite and
drop icons on the user-centered wiki?

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 Kexi & KOffice (http://www.kexi-project.org, http://www.koffice.org)