List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Backport to branch/2.0 ?
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-04-24 10:49:07

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 24. April 2009 12:40:08 Jan Hambrecht wrote:
> > KWord uses different keyboard shortcuts which sidesteps this issue.
> > I don't have a great idea to easily fix this issue.
> > Maybe a fix would be that karbon changes the actions that the default
> > tool added to the actionCollection to no longer have keyboard shortcuts ?
> > Sounds hacky, but ok.
>
> Hmm. Would it be possible for the tool to check, if these actions are
> already part of the applications action collection and then reuse these?

Hehe, that was the first thing that came to my mind too ;)
It sounds like the obvious choice, but thinking about it a bit longer made me
realize its actually not. With the plugin being, well, a plugin. It can't
access the application actions.

So its not possible; The application can use many different KActionCollection
objects and each tool actually has its own collection so there is a complete
separation there. The plugin can't see or access the applications actions.

--
Thomas Zander