List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: 2.0 or 2.0RC2 and when ?
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-04-23 8:29:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 17. April 2009 10:21:23 Cyrille Berger wrote:
> It's about time we start thinking about finalizing the schedule for 2.0.
> The first question is, are we on track for a 2.0, or have you spoted a bug
> that justify further more testing ?

Since nobody replied for koffice-libs;
* Icons, icons icons...  I think we should have a list and a talk with the
artists if they think its worth waiting for them or postponing them to the
2.0.1 release.
* Dockers. If I start kword, have the text docker active. Quite kword and
restart it without a main frame the text docker is shown on top of other
widgets.
This is something that casper will not have time for, he told us, so we need
to find someone to look into it.
I volunteer, but it will take a little while as I'm busy...

* I put up the issue of a recent introduction of a second pure virtual in the
border plugin to fix the issue of shadows. I still think we can end up with a
final API that only has one. So for people writing borders have to
practically speaking do twice the work that might just be thrown away again
in the future.
In the mean time I came up with a good solution for 2.0.0 that provides a
default implementation for now so its not pure virtual.  Would be really
really good to have in the 2.0.0, but, again, time.

* KoText anchors now use a koffice-specific XML property;
we should use the proper ODF style:horizontal-pos in the KoTextAnchor if
possible.

--
Thomas Zander