List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Explanation on the current inner working of the changeTracker
From:       Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann () zagge ! de>
Date:       2009-04-20 3:54:30

Hello Pierre,

thanks for the detailed explanation. This helps to understand how it might be
done. If I have understood the sec correctly this is a office:text specific
feature in the spec. Therefore the saving of that stuff should be done in
kword and not in koodf. Because you cannot use a office:body and a
office:text in there as that breaks all other apps. I think the simplest
would be to create the dataCenterMap for the change tracker only when a
document in kword is created and not in the TextShapeFactory. The textshape
should be able to use a change tracking if it is set but should also be able
to not use it e.g. in other apps. The saving should be done
KWOdfWriter::save. You should have the stuff for saving the changes that is
now in KoOdfWriteStore in there.

I hope that explains how I think it could be done.

Have a nice week,

Thorsten