List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Call for Material
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2009-04-14 7:40:20

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Monday 13 April 2009, Alexandra Leisse wrote:
> Hello!
>
> The weather was not as bad as Cyrille had hoped but the website shapes
> up. You can have a first sneak peak here: http://drop.io/pan8k1d
> Please, note that it is work in progress and that I haven't even
> touched the CSS yet and only spent time inside Wordpress and its PHP
> files.
>
> What I need from you now is:
>    * a text describing your application (short, aim for 3 paragraphs,
> can be taken from existing resources)
I think the text we currently have for Krita could be made better (less
technical for instance), but might do for a "good basis".

>    * any other texts describing special features or aspects
I think the "features" section of krita page is still good (I have edited a
bit, to remove part that aren't true, or haven't yet become true while marked
as planned for ages):

======

Krita supports many managed colorspaces, like rgb, grayscale, cmyk, lab, ycbcr
and lms, in 8 and 16 bits per channel. Some colorspaces even support 32 bits
per channel and High-Dynamic-Range imaging.
Krita can import RAW images in 8 and 16 bits per channel and load and save the
usual image formats: tiff, png, jpeg, exr. Other image formats, like xcf, can
be imported and sometimes exported through the GraphicsMagick import/export
plugin, but are not fully supported.
Krita has a large array of tools. The 2.0 release contains freehand, line,
rectangle, ellipse, polygon, polyline, star, bezier curve, duplicate, paint-
with-filters, crop, move, transform, perspective transform, contiguous fill,
gradient, text, color picker, pan, zoom, perspective grid, selection paint,
selection erase, rectangular select, elliptical select, polygonal select,
contiguous area (magic wand), outline, magnetic selection, bezier curve select
and select by similar colors. All paint tools can be used in soft brushes,
hard pencil, airbrush or eraser mode.
Krita has image layers, group layers, adjustment layers and the innovative
part layers: any KOffice document can be embedded as a layer in Krita.
There is a rich set of filters for image enhancement, color enhancement and
artistic reinterpretation of your image.
Krita is a very modular application and if you want, you can easily extend
Krita by creating new tools, paint modes, filters, dialogs, colorspaces and
import and export filters. Most of these plugins are described in the
"Developing Krita Plugins" document. Krita also has an extensive

======

Do we, also, want a bullet pointlist of features ?
>    * screencasts if available (check youtbe, I'll do the same)
We already have a couple of videos for Krita:
http://www.koffice.org/krita/videos.php

>    * screenshots, screenshots, screenshots

I wonder what to do with older screenshots, they are always kind of fun to
present, so I would vote for keeping them somewhere, but probably not in the
main page of each application. In a section "archeology" ? Or simply in a
black hole.

> I do what I can to have the system prepared as soon as you guys are
> ready to release. Currently, I am aiming for good basis to build upon
> rather than for perfection...
Like for KOffice, we can add the mention that the website is not ready for
users, as a replacement for http://www.openoffice.org, but to demonstrate
marketingly what we want to achieve for the website during the 2.x cycle ;p

--
Cyrille Berger